Development and Partnership in Action (DPA) is a Cambodian NGO, which has been active in Cambodia for over 30 years. DPA tackles issues as diverse as building capacity to community leaders, gender equality, natural resource management, food security and financial sustainability. DPA has two main programmes –Integrated Community Development Programme (ICDP) and Partnership and Advocacy Programme (PAP). DPA’s PAP is looking for a qualified Advocacy Project Officer for upcoming project: Strengthening and Protecting Indigenous Rights to Traditional Land (SPIRIT). SPIRIT’s overall objective is to safeguard and strengthen indigenous communities and improve the enabling environment for them to protect and secure land in Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. This position is based in Phnom Penh and frequently travels to the target provinces.
Roles and responsibilities:
Under direct supervision of PAP Manager, SPIRIT Project Officer will ensure overall implementation of the project to achieve agreed results. Advocacy Project Officer will:
- Provide a solid foundation for policy engagement and dialogue facilitation
- Support advocacy initiatives to target communities on emerging issues of extractive industry and agribusiness
- Lead the team in the capacity development and communication materials
- Collect and process data for the M&E Process
- Engage working with umbrella organisations and NGO Networks, relevant government ministries, and private sector.
- A university degree in natural resource management, environmental management, and/or public administration and policy;
- At least three-year experiences in engaging in advocacy, natural resources management, digital communication, indigenous people rights, capacity building and environmental policy and safeguarding
- Knowledge of issues related to social and environmental impact of extractive industry activities and agribusiness, environmental impact assessment, Free Prior and Informed Consent, Corporate Social Responsible, and Business and Human Rights are the assets and preferable
- EU grant experience preferred
- Proven ability to network and develop positive inter-organisational relationships and with government stakeholders;
- High level inter-personal and communication skills;
- Good at report writing and proposal development;
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- High proficiency in English
Interested candidates should submit their CV including three references and cover letter to Ms. Sok Sinuon through firstname.lastname@example.org or at DPA Office in Phnom Penh (#3, Street 323, Sangkat Beoung Kak II, Toul Kork) no later than 8th April 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.