Development and Partnership in Action (DPA) is a Cambodian NGO. DPA has two main programmes: Integrated Community Development Programme (ICDP) and Partnership and Advocacy Programme (PAP). DPA PAP is now looking for a qualified Cambodians to fill up the position of Agronomist Specialist based in Preah Vihear Province for Partnership and Advocacy Programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management team of Agriculture Cooperative Union in Preah Vihear to broaden the scope, quality and organic and Good Agriculture Practice standards of Agriculture Cooperative (AC) and rice smallholder farmers
- Conduct research and development research reports, technical notes to increase, identify new/traditional crops, increase quality and crop yields for smallholder farmers within a climate risk environment
- Provide technical input tailored to the local farming activities’ methods, crop seasonality, needs and challenges for climate resilient farming
- Provide technical input on the identification of project target areas with high irrigation potential and need for irrigation improvement for crop production
- Work closely with relevant actors in the agriculture sector to identify successful introduction of farmers in the production of quality produce.
- Set-up an Internal Control System to safeguard the integrity of the organic quality of their products
- Develop project work plans and ensure timely implementation of the project activities in line with work plans and activity schedules
- Provide technical assistance for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy
- Support in developing M&E system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted farmers
- Write up the programme report (quarterly, six-month, annual and completion)
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination with other NGOs, concerned government departments, local authorities and private sector
- University degree in agronomy
- Experience in the practices, principles and operations associated with modern production agriculture
- Proven experience delivering agriculture focussed programme to improve livelihood and reduce poverty of smallholder farmers
- At least five years of experience working with NGOs, preferably in the field of agricultural productions and rural livelihood activities, and farming practices
- Extensive experiences working with farming smallholders for productions and marketable crops.
- Strong analytical ability, able to evaluate and to appraise critically quantitative and qualitative information
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English required
- Strong leadership and management of programme, finance, administration, staff development and management and networking
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, e-mail and Internet
All interested candidates should submit their CV including three references and cover letter (mentioning which post applying for) to Ms. Sok Sinuon through email@example.com or at DPA Office in Phnom Penh no later than 28th February 2019 at 5:00 pm. The detailed job description is available at DPA office in Phnom Penh and on DPA website. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.