Development and Partnership in Action (DPA) is a Cambodian non-government organisation that has been implementing Natural Resource Management and Food Security and Financial Sustainability in Cambodia for over 30 years. DPA currently has two main programmes: Partnership and Advocacy Programme (PAP) and Integrated Community Development Programme. The DPA-EISEI secretariat and EISEI steering committee (DPA, NTFP, Oxfam, CPN, RDA, VSG, and CLEC) are now looking for a qualified Cambodian to fill up the position of EISEI Network Coordinator. This position is based within DPA’s Partnership and Advocacy Programme in Phnom Penh and frequently travels to the target provinces.
Roles and responsibilities:
In this position, you will work closely with the EISEI network steering committee members, and DPA-PAP staff to facilitate and coordinate the national-level network by working closely with the network members and affected communities. The Coordinator will provide a solid foundation for advocacy initiatives to address community and civil society concerns through working with relevant ministries, oil gas and mining companies and chamber of commerce in Cambodia and other relevant stakeholders..
- A university degree in law, environmental sciences, environment management, geologies or other related fields;
- At least three years experiences in advocacy and networking or working in some capacity with mining, oil or gas company;
- Knowledge of issues related to social and environmental impact of extractive industry activities, environmental impact assessment, Free Prior and Informed Consent, Corporate Social Responsible, and Business and Human Rights are the assets and preferable
- Proven ability to network and develop positive inter-organisational relationships;
- High level inter-personal and communication skills;
- Good at report writing and proposal development;
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with GIS, Database and Web site development desirable;
- Fluency in Khmer and English (Both writing and Speaking)
Interested candidates should submit their CV including three references and cover letter to Ms. Sok Sinuon – through firstname.lastname@example.org or at DPA Office in Phnom Penh (House #3, Street 323, Sangkat Boeung Kak-2, Khan Toul Kork), by 15 July 2019 at 5:00 pm. A detailed job description is available at the DPA office in Phnom Penh and in DPA website.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.