DEVELOPMENT AND PARTNERSHIP IN ACTION (DPA)
Development and Partnership in Action (DPA) is a Cambodian NGO. DPA has two main programmes: Integrated Community Development Programme (ICDP) and Partnership and Advocacy Programme (PAP). DPA PAP is now looking for a qualified Cambodians to fill up the position of Marketing Specialist for Integrated Community Development Programme.
Marketing and Agribusiness Specialist (Based in Phnom Penh and travels to Kampong Thom & Stung Treng at least 2 weeks per month)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identify all the major stakeholders in the marketing of agricultural commodities in the Stung Treng / Khampong Thom and beyond and in particular the vegetables and cash crops
- Work closely with relevant actors in the agriculture value chain to identify successful introduction farmer agricultural produce to the market
- Provide technical input to develop a marketing strategy for project various Agricultural Groups (AGs) and ACs
- Assess and monitor supply chain, markets and consumer preference
- Identify network with potential buyers and enable AGs and ACs to build relationships with existing and newly identified buyers for their produce
- Collaborate with management team to broaden the scope of current marketing options for the AGs, selling to a larger range of purchasers, including wholesale, retail, food service, in rural and urban markets
- Identify inputs/resources for a successful marketing strategy including processing, packaging, storage, transport and selling
- Collaborate with the management team and Agronomist Specialist to match crop production with market demands
- Develop capacity of staff and AGs and ACs in collective marketing and provide ongoing technical marketing support and mentoring to staff and AG groups
- Co-ordinate management of transport, processing and logistic of marketable produce
- Develop project work plans and ensure timely implementation of the project activities in line with work plans and activity schedules
- Provide technical assistance for the design of the project’s monitoring and evaluation strategy
- Support in developing M&E system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted farmers
- Write up the programme report (quarterly, six-month, annual and completion).
- Strengthen collaboration and coordination with other NGOs, concerned government departments and local authorities.
- University degree in agricultural marketing or agribusiness management
- At least five years’ experience in agribusiness development and management of agriculture focused projects
- At least five years’ experience working with NGOs, preferably in the fields of value chain and marketing of agricultural products
- Demonstrated capacity to work with farming smallholders for productions and marketable crops and private sector players (financial institutions, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers, processors in agriculture value chain)
- Experience with commonly used tools for market analysis and programme design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning
- Strong analytical ability, able to evaluate and to appraise critically quantitative and qualitative information
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in English required
- Strong leadership and management of programme, finance, administration, staff development and management and networking
- Sound computer skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, e-mail and Internet
All interested candidates should submit their CV including three references and cover letter (mentioning which post applying for) to Ms. Sok Sinuon through email@example.com or at DPA Office in Phnom Penh no later than 21th December 2018 at 5:00 pm. The detailed job description is available at DPA office in Phnom Penh and on DPA website. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.