The three years (2006-2008) strategic objectives of ICD programme are:
By the end of 2008:
- Village development actors (VDAs) and target beneficiaries in three ICD programmes will have achieved active participation in local governance and a collaborative relationship with commune councils.
- VDAs and target beneficiaries in four ICD programmes will have the integration of gender equity into all projects, and will have promoted women’s involvement in social and development work.
- VDAs and target beneficiaries in three ICD programmes will have achieved self-management of project activities and form people’s associations.
- VDAs and target beneficiaries in three ICD programmes will have implemented initiatives in areas of identified need in food security, education, health, and natural resource management.
- Working in collaboration with the Development Education and Advocacy Unit, the ICDD will have supported VDAs and target beneficiaries in four ICD programmes to develop their capacity to educate and advocate on issues raised by villagers.
- The ICDD will have established a project in which VDAs and target beneficiaries in two communes in Stung Treng will develop their capacity to better manage their natural resources, preserve culture and improve food security.